RSC Americas offices are proud of the quality of our Editorial and Advisory Boards in our territories and we want to congratulate our current and past Editorial Board members who will be recognized asAAAS Fellowsat theAAAS meetingthis week:
- ProfessorAlán Aspuru-Guzik of Harvard University (Associate Editor ofChemical 竞猜Science)
- ProfessorOmar Farhaof Northwestern University (Editorial Board member ofCrystEngComm)
- ProfessorMichael Krische of University of Texas Austin (Associate Editor ofChemComm)
- ProfessorSue Lunte of the University of Kansas (former Editor-in-Chief and current Advisory Board member ofAnalytical Methods)
- ProfessorDaniel Mindiolaof the University of Pennsylvania (formerDalton TransactionsAssociate Editor and current Advisory Board member ofChemical 竞猜Science)
Two of our Board members were also recently elected to theNational Academy of Engineering:
- ProfessorYang Shao-Hornof MIT (Editorial Board member ofEnergy & Environmental 竞猜Science)
- ProfessorJennifer Elisseeffof Johns Hopkins (Editor-in-Chief ofBiomaterials 竞猜Science)
Several of our board members were among theCanadian Society for 竞猜Chemistryaward winners announced this month:
- Green 竞猜ChemistryAssociate EditorC.J.Liof McGill University received theAlfred Bader Awardrecognizing excellence in organic 竞猜chemistry research.
- Catalysis 竞猜Science & TechnologyAssociate EditorJen Loveof UBC won theIntelliSyn Pharma Research Excellence Awardfor a distinguished contribution to medicinal or biophysical 竞猜chemistry.
- Analytical MethodsAssociate EditorJuewen Liuof University of Waterloo received theW.A.E.McBryde Medal,awarded to an early career researcher who has made achievements in pure or applied analytical 竞猜chemistry.
And finally,we also wanted to highlight some of our other board members' recent achievements.
- Chemical 竞猜ScienceAssociate EditorKit Cumminsof MIT received theACS Pauling Medalfor "unparalleled synthetic and mechanistic studies of early transition metal complexes".Professor Cummins has been with the journal since its inception in 2010 and has been a strong advocate for itstransitionto open access in 2015.
- Chemical 竞猜ScienceAssociate EditorMircea Dincaof MIT received theACS Award in Pure 竞猜Chemistry.
- Molecular Systems Design & EngineeringBoard ChairJuan de Pabloof the University of Chicago was awarded thePolymer Physics Prizefrom APS.
- Polymer 竞猜Chemistry编辑委员会成员Heather Maynardof UCLA received anArthur C.Cope Scholar Award.
- Polymer 竞猜Chemistry编辑委员会成员Jeremiah Johnsonof MIT shared theNobel Laureate Signature Award for Graduate Education in 竞猜Chemistrywith his student Aleksandr Zhukhovitskiy.
- Journal of Materials 竞猜Chemistry CAssociate EditorFederico Roseiof INRS (Canada) was electedFellow of the Optical Society.
- Organic 竞猜Chemistry Frontiers编辑委员会成员Geoffrey Coatesof Cornell University has been elected aNational Academy of Inventors Fellow.
- NanoscaleAssociate EditorXiao Cheng Zengof University of Nebraska visited our office in Cambridge to be presented with hisRoyal Society of 竞猜Chemistry Surfaces and Interfaces Award.
- NanoscaleAssociate EditorYamuna Krishnanof University of Chicago received theInfosys 竞猜Science Foundation Award in Physical Sciences.Professor Krishnan wasinterviewedabout her award.
- MedChemCommAssociate EditorSylvie Garneau-Tsodikovaof University of Kentucky was named aAAAS Leshner Fellow.
- Analytical MethodsEditor-in-ChiefScott Martinof Saint Louis University received theAES Midcareer Awardat SciX.
- CrystEngCommAssociate EditorChrister Aakeröywas presented with the2017 Midwest Awardat the ACS Midwest Regional Meeting.
Please let us know if we missed anyone!